GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE STX CONTENT
Men’s Backyard Lacrosse Drills Roundup
While we’re stuck at home with nothing to do but play backyard lacrosse, we thought we’d throw it back to some of Team STX’s go-to drills for sharpening their core skills. From goalie strategies to fake-outs to behind-the-cage runarounds with PLL All-Star Will Manny, we’ve got your Skill & Drill round-up for every day of the week:
1. How to Dominate 5 and 5 with Attacker Justin Guterding, PLL Chrome
The Duke Blue Devils’ alum takes us through the scoring options when you are 5 yards up & out from the goal line while being defended.
2. Goalie Tips for Saving Off Hip Shots with Kyle Bernlohr, PLL Whipsnakes
Former University of Maryland goalie Kyle Bernlohr breaks down why he thinks of the cage as a wall — and how this mentality helps his form to get more saves.
3. How to Do a Twister Shot with Ian MacKay, PLL Archers
The University of Vermont alum demonstrates how to master this fake-out shot.
4. Behind the Cage with Will Manny, PLL Archers
Throwback to our 2016 athlete photoshoot — Manny, the PLL’s 2019 single season points record holder, demonstrates his strategy for taking on a defender from behind the cage.
5. The Six Ball Shootout Challenge with Kyle Harrison, PLL Redwoods
Finally, hone your accuracy with the Six Ball Shootout Challenge. Can you beat Marcus Holman’s record?
Looking for some stringing inspiration while you're at home? Check out these stringing tutorials for every position, by STX athletes.